Dear Valued Partners,
Fall semester at San Diego State University has presented students with a completely reopened campus, a return to in-person classes, and a full schedule of fun student activities. Our 370 new international students in the Semester at SDSU and Intensive English programs are once again getting a complete American university experience, along with warm sunny weather everyday!
With fall semester underway and positive word-of-mouth spreading, we have already received almost 100 applications for our spring 2022 semester starting in January. As such, we want to share some important admissions information with you.
- To ensure we are aligned with SEVP Policy, all I-20 forms will be sent directly to a student's email address only. Partners will continue to be notified electronically when a student has been admitted.
- The student email address used in the application needs to be an active one they use regularly, as it will affect their ability to access various campus services.
- In relation to information provided on the I-20, we are increasing the estimated cost of living to $2,000 USD per month to more accurately reflect all anticipated student expenses. Any financial document submitted in order to get an I-20 form should show the following minimum balances:
- Semester at SDSU
- One Semester (Fall or Spring): $17,000
- Two Semesters (Fall & Spring): $34,000
- Intensive English for Communication/English for Academic Purposes
- Fall or Spring: $16,350
- Summer: $12,235
- SDSU Undergraduate Pathway Program (UPP)
- Fall or Spring: $19,000
- Summer: $13,000
- *These amounts are based on approximately 5 months for fall/spring, 3 months for summer.
- As a reminder, SDSU policy dictates undergraduate students must enroll in a minimum of 12 undergraduate units to be considered a full-time student. Graduate students must enroll in a minimum of 9 graduate units. SDSU Global Campus also allows for a combination of 12 undergraduate and graduate units to be considered full-time.
The application deadline for the Semester at SDSU spring 2022 semester is November 15, 2021, so we encourage you to inform your prospective students to submit their application as soon as possible. We are also well aware that COVID-19 restrictions and inconveniences vary by country and are still very fluid, so we will be flexible as needed in regards to our deadline. If you have questions on any of the above topics, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com, and we will get back to you promptly.
Director, International Services
SDSU Global Campus
San Diego State University
5250 Campanile Drive
San Diego, CA 92182