Warm greetings from San Diego.
You recently received an email from us with important information regarding vaccinations, arriving at SDSU, and email addresses of staff who can best answer specific questions you may have. You were given a link to HealtheConnect, the University's secure online health portal, where you need to upload a copy of your vaccination card. Instructions on how to submit your vaccination information can be found here.
Please note that the only immunization information that is required of our Fall 2021 international students is for COVID-19 (see orange arrow in screenshot below). Semester at SDSU and ALI students do not need to submit immunization information for any of the other requirements listed below COVID-19. Also, as a reminder, please send your health insurance information to email@example.com.
Based on student feedback and questions from our previous email, here is some other information that may be useful to know:
- Currently, SDSU is not requiring students to quarantine on arrival, and while this policy is continually reviewed, it is unlikely to change.
- A COVID-19 vaccination record written in a foreign language is acceptable, but you need to provide an English translation to accompany the document.
- Students who do not submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination will need to be COVID-19 tested regularly, but the final testing protocol has not been approved yet.
- If you would like to schedule a COVID-19 vaccination appointment, click here.
- SDSU has a full team of staff available to support students with the vaccination process and any COVID-19 questions or concerns you may have. Please feel free to contact this team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are actively making plans for a full return to campus this fall, and are looking forward to welcoming you in-person a few weeks from now!
Senior Director of Recruitment,
Business Development, &
SDSU Global Campus
San Diego State University
Tel/WhatsApp: +1 760 525 8020